Your Headphones & Microphone[/plain]
Although it is required for the testing-center to provide you with (as the organization that created The Exam says) “Noise-Cancelling” headphones and a microphone — this will probably be in the form of a head-set with a built-in microphone. And these will probably NOT be “Noise-Cancelling”.
. Unfortunately — once the Testing-Center has been approved — there is almost no over-sight to ensure that the people at the Testing-Center live up to their requirements. I have spoken with far too many people who said that their headphones or the microphone did not work properly, and were told that they had to re-do the entire exam… at their expense.
If This Happens — it is possible to get a refund. But that becomes YOUR problem — not the Testing-Center’s or the organization that created The Exam. But what’s worse…
- The process of getting the refund (if it happens at all) could take months
- You still have to take the entire exam over — not just the portion that was affected
- If you have to take The Exam again — you may miss the deadline for getting your Exam scores submitted
If there is a problem with any of your equipment, you MUST tell someone Immediately, so that they can provide you with better equipment or a different computer. There will be an equipment test that happens before the exam starts.
But The Best Things That You Could Do..
- If You Know Where You Will Be Taking The Exam — go there early and ask to see the Testing-Center & Equipment
- If You Know Someone Who Has Taken The Exam At The Testing-Center You Will Be Going To — ask what their experience was so you can prepare